Fonecta and its partners collect information with cookies about the use of Fonecta´s and its customers’ websites. The collected information is used to enable the functionality of the service, to analyze the site usage, to optimize user experience, for product development and reporting, and targeted advertising. With the help of cookies, the use of the websites is more convenient and advertising more appropriate. Read more
Cookies are allowed Disable cookies
We collect information about the use of our services by using cookies and other similar technologies. Information is collected about the features of the user’s device and about the activities of the user on the tracked site.
We collect and store information with the help of these technologies also when you visit our customers’ websites. With the help of the service we provide, our customers can analyze the traffic on their websites and apps and target advertising.
1. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small and user specific unnamed text file stored on the user’s web browser. Only the server which uploaded the cookie can read the cookie later and recognize the browser when it visit the same web site again. Cookies do not harm the user´s equipment and cookies cannot identify the user, except if the user has signed in to the services.
Cookies are primarily divided into session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies expire once the user closes the web session, persistent cookies remain on the browser for a certain period of time, or until the user removes them. Cookies facilitate the use of websites and enable certain functionalities, such as remembering web sessions, user-specific personification of websites, and easy identification to the service and targeted advertising to the likelihood of interest of the user.
So called first party cookies are placed by the website that is shown in the address bar. Besides this, cookies from third parties such as advertising networks, measurement and tracking service providers, advertising technology vendors and social media services are used.
For us to be able to provide better services, we statistically analyze the number of visitors on the sites, the webpages from which the users have accessed the service, the effectiveness of the advertising, and the technical environment of the visiting browsers. With this information we are able to provide the users more accurate and interesting content such as information, products and offers. We categorize users into target groups based on their browsing behavior, and these target groups are presented with advertisement and content that is in line with their likely interests.
3. Examples of the cookies used on our websites
Optimization and user experience of websites: Visual Website Optimizer (VWO)
- Adapts the website and the view visitor-wise in order to offer the best possible user experience for each user. Analyzes and generates reports about the type of page settings that serve users best.
- You can disable Visual Website Optimizer at: https://vwo.com/opt-out/
Targeting technologies: Google DoubleClick, Facebook, LinkedIn, SalesForce DMP
- Enable advertisement based on content and interests of the user, reporting of which advertisements have been shown to different browsers and which adds has been clicked and e.g. measuring of the effectiveness of a campaign.
- You can disable targeted advertising (except LinkedIn and Facebook) by clicking the button at the upper corner of this page.
- Targeted marketing related to LinkedIn you can disable at https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/guest-controls/retargeting-opt-out
- Targeted marketing related to Facebook you can disable at: https://www.facebook.com/help/www/568137493302217?helpref=platform_switcher&ref=platform_switcher&rdrhc
Services development, reporting on advertisement and business: Snoobi Analytics, Crazy Egg, VWO, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics and ComScore
- Measure and generate reports on website usage for the purposes of developing the user experience, content, and business operations.
- You can disable the measuring by Google Analytics by installing a browser extension from https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- You can disable the measuring by Adobe Analytics at http://stats.adobe.com/optout.html?optout=1&confirm_change=1
- You can disable the measuring by Visual Website Optimizer at https://vwo.com/opt-out/
- You can disable the measuring by Snoobi Analytics at https://www.snoobi.fi/tietoja-evasteista/
- You can disable the measuring by ComScore at http://www.scorecardresearch.com/preferences.aspx
Design of Data-Controlled Marketing: Fonecta Audience Insights
- Measure and analyze visitor profiles who visit the websites. Generates a report on visitor profiles that can be used in planning the marketing.
- You can disable Audience Insights service by clicking the button at the upper corner of this page.
5. The user’s influence
The user can clear the cookie history from the web browser settings. The identifier that has been installed to the browser and the web behavioral profile based on the identifier will be removed. This action does not prevent new cookies from being saved on the browser.
Many web browsers allow the users to block cookies originating from third parties. In that case, the browser only allows cookies that originate directly from the network service being used. The action is performed through the browser settings (blocks all third party cookies) or through the site (the possibility to define company specific blocking).